At Michael W. McCarthy, DDS we know one of the most important steps to improving the care of your gums is recognizing the warning signs for periodontal disease, also known as gum disease.
These can include:
• Gums that appear red or swollen
• Gums that feel tender
• Gums that bleed easily (during brushing or flossing)
• Gums that recede or pull away from the teeth
• Persistent halitosis, or bad breath
• Loose teeth
• Any change in the way teeth come together in the biting position
Our friends at the American Academy of Periodontology created a helpful self-assessment test that can help you determine what your risk is at home. Early detection is critical to avoiding serious and costly dental problems.
Of course, the best way to know for sure what the health of your teeth and gums is would be a visit to our Camarillo dental office.
Please feel free to contact our Fort Worth office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Corbitt – new patients are always welcome! Your first visit will help us to understand your dental goals and create a treatment plan just for you. Call today!